Website Migration Form – WebDesigners.ca
That’s it! From this point, our Migration experts will start the migration and keep you posted about the progress in your ticket.
How does website migration work?
1) Once you have submitted the migration request, a ticket is automatically created with our Migrations department.
2) From there, one of our Migration experts will log in to your current account and determine the best possible way to move your sites to us.
3) If your current provider uses cPanel (as we do), our team will create a full cPanel backup of your account, transfer it and restore it on our servers.
If your provider does not use cPanel, we will perform a backup using a wide array of tools and techniques (including zip/tar, FTP, SSH, MySQL exports, etc.).
4) We will run checks on all data moved to ensure that nothing was lost during the migration.
5) We will configure our local DNS zone so that all you have to do is point your domains to our domain name servers.
6) That’s it! Once you point your domains to our DNS, your sites will work from our servers (within 24 hours due to DNS propagation).
During the migration period, your website and emails will run normally from your former host and there will be no downtime involved.
Free Migration Service Disclaimers
The website migration service does not include transferring of a domain name.
You can request a free migration within the 60 days from the moment your order is activated.
We can migrate up to 50 cPanel accounts (website files, MySQL databases, and email data) — free of charge.
We can migrate up to 10 non-cPanel accounts (website files and MySQL databases) — free of charge.
We can migrate up to 10 non-cPanel email accounts Email data for non-cPanel accounts can be transferred only through Imapsync (IMAP transfers tool).
Should you require additional migrations above what is included with our free migration service or after 60 days from the moment your order is activated, additional charges are applicable.
Base pricing is outlined below, however, discounts may be offered for bulk migrations:
$10 per cPanel Account (cPanel Migrations).
$10 per website (non-cPanel Migrations).
$10 per website (Internal Migrations).
$5 per email address (non-cPanel Migrations).